Five great ways to enhance massage with healing essential oils!
Aromatherapy doesn’t just smell good, it also has many benefits! You can enhance massage therapy sessions with these tips. Some commonly known benefits of aromatherapy are:
- Stress Relief and Relaxation
- Mood and Well Being Enhancement
- Relief of minor discomforts
- Anti Viral and Anti Bacterial with Immune Boosting Effects
There are many great books and classes on the subject of aromatherapy. I suggest that you learn as much as you can. It’s a good idea to start out with a few basic oils such as Lavender and Tangerine, and then add to your selection as you learn more about the properties of each essential oil. Blends can be purchased and it is nice to have a selection of those as well.
- Add a few drops of essential oils to your massage cream or lotion. Have your client pick from a few single oils or blends.
- Add the same oil to a diffuser in your treatment room or diffuse relaxing oil or bend in your waiting area.
- Add a drop or two of essential oils to any hot towels you use during your treatments.
- Make a small take home gift for your client using the oils they chose. Your client will think of you and your wonderful massage as they use the product at home.
- Use several different oils throughout the massage. For example: lavender for the face & neck, peppermint for the feet, and an uplifting blend of lavender and orange for the body.
I use and recommend Ancient Wisdom Essential Oils
I have worked with essential oils for almost 20 years and find Ancient Wisdom to be a very high quality option. These suggestions will work with any quality 100% pure essential oil. Please comment with your favorite blends below, and feel free to ask any questions.