Marketing your practice through Hotel’s, Bed and Breakfasts, and short term rental agencies can be a great way to build your outcall massage business.
This of course depends on where you live, and what your business goals are. If you live in a place with a lot of tourism or business travel this may be a great option for you!
How to get started:
1. Do your research, and figure out what businesses would be a good fit for you to work with. Look for size, proximity to your office, rates (we want people who can easily afford a massage), and you need to see if they are already offering spa/massage services.
2. Call and find out who you should address your correspondence to. The owner or manager is usually best.
3. Send a well written letter and samples of your marketing materials.
Introduce yourself and your services. Explain how your services will enhance their business (in room service, your great location, people love massage while on vacation ect..). Let them know what you would like to do (have info in the rooms, refrigerator magnets, website links). If you would like, offer a sample of your services, and an employee discount for their employees, this makes it a win win.
4. Follow up with a call or a visit. Make sure they understand what you are offering. Hopefully they will want to form a partnership with you!
5. Be sure to promptly provide them with any marketing materials you have promised.
Don’t worry if some of your efforts are ignored, just contact another place. It is better to have a couple of GOOD hotel referrals than a lot that don’t really promote massage. It can take time to build those relationships.
Building Your Massage Business With Outcalls
I’ve created an online course that goes into depth with video lessons, checklists, and more about starting your massage outcall biz or adding housecalls to your practice. This course is designed to be taken over a four week period, however you get everything all at once so that you can work at your own pace.
- Lesson 1 Intro and Overview
- Lesson 2 Who needs/wants house-calls, and finding your ideal clients
- Lesson 3 Your set up, supplies, paperwork, staying organized, tips and tricks!
- Lesson 4 Arrival and set up, being in people’s home & personal spaces and professional boundaries
- Lesson 5 Safety!
- Lesson 6 Marketing and Promotions
- Lesson 7 Chair/Onsite Massage and Special Events and putting it all together, taking action and getting started
- Plus you get my Massage and Spa Marketing Ideas and Implementation Ebook as a bonus!