Nothing can interrupt a peaceful relaxing massage session like noise! I remember a client telling me “I didn’t come hear to listen to those two talk” and she was right. I was SO embarrassed! I’ve also been on the table almost nice and zoned out to be jolted awake by a loud conversation. We are often working in rooms that weren’t build specifically for massage or weren’t build by people worried about sound proofing!
So, what can you do to help keep the noise level down in your treatment room? Try some of these tips.
- Hang a pretty quilt on the noisiest wall you could even put some insulating foam under it. Like this: http://amzn.to/1QAO8eL
- Install a solid wooden door (they usually aren’t to hard to replace) and will block a lot more sound than a thin door.
- Roll a towel at the bottom of the door, or use a draft blocker like this: http://amzn.to/21kLeGa
- Run a fan or noise machine for white noise, add a fountain and music too!
- Add insulation in the walls or ceiling, not so easy to do but very helpful.
- Carpet or thick rugs (with padding) can help as well.
If you have any additional ideas please add them to the comments!